Friday, 19 December 2014

Bah Humbug

With Christmas close upon us, I would like to share a personal
experience with my fellow Bloggers about drinking and driving.

As you know, the police are very hot on random breath tests especially
at this time of year. Well, a couple of nights ago I was out with some
friends for an Oriental buffet and a few ales followed by a few more.

Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was somewhat
over the limit, and decided to do something I've never done before - I
took a taxi home. Sure enough on the way there was a copper
stopping cars breathalysing the drivers, but since it was a taxi they
waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me because I had never driven a taxi
before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I
don't know what to do with it. So anyway, if you want to borrow it,
pm me.

Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Thomas the Tout said...

Tee hee!
And a bloomin Merry Christmas to all shooters and sensible people in the Mother Country. (Heck, that shows my old age)!

Bambibasher said...

This reminds me our lads Xmas drink last weekend

I was staggering home drunk late at night when I was stopped by a policeman

“What are you doing out here at this time of night?” asks the officer.

“I’m going to a lecture” I replied

“And who is going to give you a lecture at this hour?” asks the policeman

“My Wife” I replied