Sunday, 7 April 2013

Mausers everywhere

A trip to Yorkshire yesterday to drop Alex (Minime) off at University and I managed to grab the last two Portugese Mausers in Henry Kranks in Leeds. Now they are a shop best phoned in advance and visited in person. Sadly SBW missed my trip and put in an order a little too late. However I am now the proud owner of 1 Portugese Mauser in 6.5 x 58, 2 of the shortened rebarrelled models in 8mm and an Argentinian 7.65 x 53.
Here they are for comparisom. I will likely sporter the lower 8mm Mauser once I have had some fun, I rather fancy a 7.62 bullet in a 6.5 x 55 case so it will still be a Mauser but an oddball one;
 You can see the difference in Barrel Lengths between the original 6.5 from 1904 and the later 1930's 7.92 x 57 models;
 Its an interesting bolt thats for sure;
Well at least it keeps me off the streets and I am not posting offensive comments on twitter!


The sporter? yes the Argy and the Portugese will get restocked hopefully this year!

No comments: