Saturday, 1 September 2012

Likely to cause offence?

Well seeing how no one has been offended or outraged for all of 5 minutes we must be doing well. Time to change that me thinks;
"Frankie Boyle has defended jokes he made on Twitter about the Paralympics, saying they were "celebratory".


The comedian called the Saudi Arabian team "mainly thieves", referring to criminals having their hands removed.

Boyle tweeted: "I'll be joking about Paralympics same way I joked about the Olympics. That's my job yo."

He added: "Nobody thinks it's a good thing to laugh at the disabled. But it is a genuine problem that we're not allowed to laugh with the disabled."

Boyle was supported by some of his online followers including Scottish comedian and actor Greg Hemphill, who said: "Well said mate. Inclusion vs. exclusion.""
As my mate 94 (100% disability and recovering from a stroke) said, if you cant laugh what can you do?
So as I havent offended anyone recently I shall include mental illness here, for inclusions sake of course;
As my PTSD suffering mate would explain, "Laughter is the best medicine!"




1 comment:

Hippo said...

A British Engineer just started his own business in Afghanistan .

He's making land mines that look like prayer mats.

It's doing well.

He says prophets are going through the roof.