Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Dear Dave and George

I know you get a lot of flak over the economy so I have had a idea which will save the taxpayers a fortune and also help stimulate the economy.
The problem is as I see it that we do have a bloated public sector which is a massive hydra. For those of you who don't know or who slept through ancient Greek mythology here she is;
Now the money is on a massive merry go round, again for the hard of thinking here it is;


Now we already pay you and the other elected representatives a fairly good salary and also give you fairly good holidays and a pension but I cant seem to work out why you seem unable to sort out the bloated mess that is Government.
I see several solutions but I am sure you will have already thought of them, I think the bonus schemes for civil servants is an affront. I mean really a bonus for doing your job properly, where I am in the private sector that could be justified under productivity or profit sharing but in government really?
Also why do MPs get subsidised meals? Don't we pay you enough? Drinking on duty is also a no no. I mean you made it illegal in just about every industry but there you are in between sessions of "Work" quaffing subsidised drinks which means that its the tax payer subsidising your boozy sessions. I can see how getting the opposition so tipsy that they agree to everything is a good plan but only if you are already half cut yourselves and we know that public schoolboys and alcohol don't mix so can we cut that out please?
Whilst I am looking at the costs of your MPs who actually are my employees, after all I do pay their wages (sometimes it feels like all of their wages), I do think a little economy could be pursued.
You do all like to tell us about the great things you do for us, that must mean that you are in office working for me  not in power lining your own pockets!
So lets stop all subsidies. No second mortgages funded by me. No meals paid for by me.
Why? I'll tell you why!
If I want to work in London by choice then I buy a season ticket for the train and have to write off about £4000 a year to ensure I can earn a wage to support you and your family, after all me and my family should come after you!
If I want to eat when I am at work then I don't go to lavishly equipped restaurants and ask for a 3 course meal for less than the price of a bag of chips.
If I want to stay in town overnight for work purposes unless its a work emergency then I have to pay for the privilege myself. If my job requires me to lodge I can have £25 a night, great, where can I get by for £25 a night perhaps there are some spare rooms in Whitehall, I mean I have paid for them, its only fair I should get the  use of them when in town working, you do don't you?
I once looked at serving with the  household division, you know the  smart looking chaps that stand around in shiny boots guarding HM and co? Well it seems because public duties are expected they get a small allowance for living in London, fair one, so should you (mind you get a nice flat free too) and they also get the privilege of living in a tower block and paying for it and all of their meals. Do you?
oh no of course I forgot, your salary is yours not the taxpayers and its the taxpayers that are expected to fund your lifestyle and that of all the other so called elected servants in the palace of Westminster.
Palace eh? Now who wouldn't want a Palace to work in? Yet you want more.
frankly Dave and George its not on. I suggest you cut the waste and fiddles at Westminster first and release the taxman onto the elected representatives no holds barred and then I might consider I am getting value for money from my taxes.
With all that money going back into the economy and not back into your bank accounts I am sure recession will be a thing of the past!

No comments: