Monday, 20 September 2010

The Midland Game Fair 2010

The sun did shine on the 1st day of the last game fair of the season. This weekend is held to be the best in the calendar by many. We certainly enjoyed ourselves, met some old friends, some not seen for over 30 years and some not seen in the flesh before. Ghost Rifle popped in and said hello! Some of the pics are a tad blurry and not up to my usual standard of mediocre so bear with me;


Saturday started well, we had driven up the day before and worked late getting the stand ready, this meant we forgot how early the show opens and had a real rush getting the final touches in place before they arrived, yes the red strides put in an early appearance;
Crowds were fairly heavy but good natured, again we were at the gun dog arena and again we had a great spot;
There wasnt as many as last year or at other fairs and I missed the shot of the chap in a real tree suit of traditionally cut breeks, waistcoat etc, next season perhaps;

The gun dog scurries were held alonsg the entrance path and the demonstartions in front of us;


Apologies for this one but this new Mitsibushi car was the prize for the dog owner wwho dog could retrieve the fastest;


1600 hrs saturday and the sky went very dark and it rained through on and off until about noon on sunday;
It didnt put the punters off and sunday was our best day, trade and unusual sightings wise;

We certainly had a good pitch this year and going for a double width meant we could see more outside and also when it rained there was room inside;


A quick escape to wander the aisles led me strangely enough to Gunmakers row and this little gem, I know a few lads would liike this;


Hello, I see an almost matching brace;



Next to us was Nick Ridley with a queue of customers for his high quality animal photgraphs, time for a new camera I think;


A trip to the boys rooms took me past the angling area and this gem that Left Hooker would love;
The gundog finals were held in the arena in front of us and sadly for me so many watched that we couldnt see much. The weather did smile on us for the last run and for stripping down;
In the arena they were using these remote fired launchers, R Trieve launchers which the Tea Lady stocks in a locallly made remote firer. Not only do I want one but I want to stock them for the Tea Lady;


Now to rest after a manic season and get ready to plan next years campaign!












3 comments:

Ghostrifle said...

Hi Mate

It was good to see you. For me it was a good game show I got a lot of things sorted.

Always makes me laugh that lots of people dress like they are going stalking.

Let me know the date for Feb

PS I need a parker hale 5c sight with screws for a number 4 can you help?

GRifle

Bambibasher said...

Newark is usually the last weekend of Feb, I do have some old PH sights on the shelf, will have a rummage after I have cleaned the rifle from this morning!

Bambibasher said...

I have a sight you may be interested in, how can we converse?