Sunday, 24 January 2010

Santa's toy gets used

This weekend after what has been a very tiring week, I managed to get a day in on the boss' place in Hampshire, a good day despite the farms having shredded the hedges. I managed a bird and a couple of trees as the bird managed to flit between them!


As per usual I forgot my camera but Jason didnt;
Meself, Arthur and Tristan;


I only took 4 as Misty is still recovering from her fit and should be part time for next week.


Well the bag may not have been big but the lunch was superb and I brought back a brace.


Today saw a few of the syndicate meet up for a practise shoot at our little wood, some fun was had and Santa's present was used for the first time;




San Angelo shooting bench, no more lying down getting my beer belly in the way of a good group.


Steve trying out his .243;



video


Steve has a very nice Tikka T3;




Colin trying out a .308;

video


Nice and quiet 100 grain loads doing 2900 fps


video


Remember it's good for you, thanks Kiwi!


3 comments:

Brigid said...

That's my idea of lunch. Awesome.

Bambibasher said...

Brigid, we dont all do big bags and whilst I have worked on a 500 bird day shoot, I prefer walking with friends two and four legged and putting 20 birds on the game cart to be shared out later. Even if we dont eat a lot of pheasant (venison in sausages and steak is my favourite) our neighbours eat well.
My idea of lunch on a cold day has to be range stew and fresh buttered rolls.

Ghostrifle said...

Hi Mate

I have a T3 just like that, love the thing a no nosense stalking rifle. Try sako gameheads mine loves them.

Ghostrifle