Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Highclere Castle

What a cracking weekend, I tried to log on a couple of times but the travelodge was in a dead spot and the show was far too busy!

Not sure exactly how many came through the gates but I suspect the figure is over the 20 000 mark.
I did sneak off very early and spent a few minutes a couple of stands up at the Wiltshire Rod and Gun company, very nice collection of Howa rifles, good prices for a complete package too!

We sold out of our Mendota slip leads, sold lots of our own ones and most of the ones I had made as trials. I even took a few orders for specials from customers. I suspect I will be very busy this week.
Today the Tea Lady and I have been married for 20 years. Quite an achievement for anyone to put up with me for 20 days let alone 20 years.

Still I suspect that my sense of humour might help?


video


In the mean time thanks to Stephen here is a warning to all those claybreakers amongst you!

Dont rest your muzzles on the toes, always keep the muzzles over the front bar of the cage;

Never ever load your gun and rest it on your toes;

Note to self, Hitec trainers are not resistant to a single 12 bore cartridge of No8 shot!

View from above;

and below;


Can I hear an ow please? I suspect that a little more than a pedicure is needed!

6 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Shudder
SBW

Albert A Rasch said...

Ahhhh,

Great lesson for everyone else to learn from. My son is dutifully impressed, and I can't wait for the Mrs to view them.

Please extend my thanks to Stephen for taking one for the team. Though quite frankly I think a gun safety talk by him would have done almost as well as a demonstration. Also extend my deepest hopes that he makes a full and complete recovery; it looks like he won't lose his big toe.

By the way, that seems to be a nicely appointed hospital room or dispensary.

Best regards,
Albert A Rasch
Learn to Shoot, Break the FlinchHog Hunting on Horseback

Hubert Hubert said...

Crapping crap of hell, that's nasty!

LSP said...

Every gun is a loaded gun...
LSP

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Gave you a mention for this one on my blog, hope you like it.
SBW

Bambibasher said...

Folks I must edit the post, Stephen didnt shoot himself, in fact I'm not really sure who the victim is. Funny thing is that Stephen shoots a lot of clays and when in the field you couldnt hope for a safer gun to be with!