Saturday, 3 January 2009

3rd day in a row shooting

Well I started it beating but as I had brought down a gun for another beater to try and we were short a couple of guns I had a wander through a drive with my old Mundial 20 bore. result 1 dead Hen Pheasant.

Shelley managed a first bagging a pheasant too;
Keith who was trying out my gun managed to forget about the safety catch being automatic about 3 minutes after this picture was taken, passed up on the best chance of the day, a cock bird at about 20 feet away, as it cleared the hedge Roger was attending to business on the other side and unable to raise his gun either!
The dogs certainly enjoyed themselves and despite the usual minor cuts and grazes were fast asleeep in the car on the way home!

Tomorrow is a family day and no clay shooting but thats ok as work on monday will be a day in long trousers at last, breeks for 3 days in a row so far!

No comments: