Friday, 2 November 2007

Morning stalk

Well Richard and I took the chance for a follow up after last weeks Pricket now the doe season has started.

It was the same time of the day only lighter with the reversion to GMT.

Richard took the high ground again but disturbed a dog walking tresspasser at 0615. I took the low ground and trailed a Fallow in the gloom. I was sure it was a doe but that wasnt important as Bucks are still in. The doe led me a merry trail, heart in mouth and twice I was close to a good shot but the doe managed to have branches between us.

I could hear my heart pounding in my head as I trailed but by the clear cut for the pylons of she went at a sprint. I heard a Roe Buck barking, maybe that was what had spooked her.

I circle around, saw a fox pushed out of cover by Richard but left it alone.

The colours were magnificent.
Who could lie in bed
when views like this
are there for the taking:











Ok so no deer met their maker this morning and the final walk around was disturbed by another tresspassing dog walker. Next week we'll do another wood!

Finally a joke:
One day an Irishman, who had been stranded on a desertedisland for more than 10 years, saw a speck on the horizon.
He thought to himself,'It's certainly not a ship.' And,as the speck got closer and closer, he began to rule out thepossibilities of a small boat and even a raft.
Suddenly there emerged from the surf a wet-suited blackclad figure.
Putting aside the scuba gear and the top of the wetsuit, there stood a drop-dead gorgeous blonde!
The glamorous blonde strode up to the stunned Irishmanand said to him, Tell me, how long has it been since you've had a goodcigar?'
'Ten years,' replied the amazed Irishman.
With that, she reached over and unzipped a waterproofpocket on the left sleeve of her wetsuit and pulled out a fresh packageof cigars.
He takes one lights it, and takes a long drag. 'Faithand b'gorrah,' said the man,'that is so good I'd almost forgotten howgreat a smoke can be!'
'And how long has it been since you've had a drop ofgood Powers Irish Whiskey?' asked the blonde.
Trembling, the castaway replied, 'Ten years.'
Hearing that, the blonde reaches over to her rightsleeve, unzips a pocket there and removes a flask and hands it to him.
He opened the flask and took a long drink. ''Tis nectarof the Gods!' stated the Irishman. ''Tis truly fantastic!!! '
At this point the gorgeous blonde started to slowlyunzip the long front of her wet suit, right down the middle.
She looked at the trembling man and asked, 'And how longhas it been since you played around?'
With tears in his eyes, the Irishman fell to his kneesand sobbed, 'Jesus,Mary and Joseph! Don't tell me that you've got golf clubs in there, too!'

No comments: